Wednesday 5 June 2013

e-rritating

So I try and drag myself into the 21st century and get an ebook. Instead of ordering a hard copy of the new Osprey 'Warships of the Ancient World' I decide to save 50& of total price and get a pdf download.
BUT after 3 tries at different times I cannot get to buy one... Closest I got was a payment page giving price in american dollars. I await a reply from Osprey by email. Now I regret even thinking about betraying my love for paper books ! (but not for paper ships).


The book sounds like a nice one-stop summary of pre-classical shipping. Reconstructions could be useful to make card ships from instead of starting from scratch with vases and graffiti...

A review HERE is positive. Maybe one day I will get to review my own copy ?

No comments:

Post a Comment